Nectarine Yogurt Smoothie
A simple smoothie with a lot of protein, which does not use any protein powder. The protein in this smoothie comes from the Greek yogurt. The taste is similar to a fruity yogurt drink you might buy at the store.
This smoothie recipe is simple enough that you can expand on it in a lot of different directions, depending on what flavors you like and what nutritional value you are looking for.
- 3 Nectarines
- 4-5 Strawberries
- 1 Cup Greek Yogurt
- Wash the fruit.
- Pit the nectarines. If the pits do not come out easy just cut around them. Including the nectarine skin into the blender is no problem, just keep the pits out.
- Remove the stems from the strawberries.
- Place strawberries, nectarines and then the Greek yogurt into your blender and blend. I blend this at a low setting (no more than a “3” on my Vitamix blender). This will leave little pieces of fruit in the smoothie. It reminds me of the fruit Yoplait yogurts I would eat when I was younger. They had pieces of fruit on the bottom. (I no longer eat flavored yogurt as it contains a lot of processed sugars).
- This recipe is so simple you can do a lot of interesting things to build on it. Try using peaches instead of nectarines.
- Use frozen fruit for a more frozen yogurt result.
- Add some milk to make the shake less thick.
- Add a banana for more sweetness.