Wheatgrass and Kale Smoothie Recipe
Wheatgrass and kale are two green super foods you see in juice bars all over the world. Both are extremely healthy and filled with vitamins and minerals. They are low in calories but high in nutritional value. You can obtain the natural benefits of both with this green smoothie recipe.
Drinking green smoothies can make you feel like a brand new person. You will feel more energetic and focused. Your body will feel cleaner and more natural. This smoothie combines the delicious fruit taste with the powerful health of kale and wheatgrass. It’s an awesome combination,
- 1 2-fl-oz Shot Wheatgrass
- 1 Cup Kale
- 1/2 Avocado
- 1 Banana
- 1/4 Cup Pineapple
- 1/4 Cup Strawberries
- 1/4 Cup Water
- Add all ingredients into blender. The amount of ice you add is up to you, the more you add the thicker and colder your smoothie will be.
- Blend long enough that everything is fully dissolved. Especially the kale leaves.
- Grow your own wheatgrass. I had no idea how easy wheatgrass was to grow until I found some seeds in a 50 cent vending machine. You know the ones you might see at a supermarket that normally have cheap little toys in them? Well, this one had ‘educational’ things like a wheatgrass growing kit. Now I do not have a green thumb. In fact, I am an expert at murdering whatever I attempt to grow, but wheatgrass is amazingly resilient and grows in about ten days. I highly recommend getting some seeds and trying to grow your own.
- Add some celery juice instead of water. Celery is not going to make a great ingredient in most smoothies because it is hard to blend, but it’s a nice addition in juice form.