A Tasty Protein Shake I Just Made
Here’s a protein shake I just made after coming home from the gym. I used ingredients that I happen to have laying around and didn’t really plan the shake. I wasn’t sure if adding Greek yogurt to what was otherwise a banana and chocolate flavored shake would make sense, but it turned out really good.
If you are impatient like me, or have a cheap blender you may end up with little pieces of dried date on the bottom of your smoothie. This is no problem, just use a spoon to scoop them out and eat them. To avoid this, blender for a longer period of time.
- 1/2 Scoop Protein (Chocolate)
- 2 Bananas (At Least One Frozen)
- 1 Cup Milk – Whole
- 1/2 Cup Greek Yogurt
- 1 Tbsp Flaxseed Meal
- 2 Dates
- 2 Tbsp Peanut Butter
- Make sure the dates do not have their pits and the bananas are peeled.
- Put it all in a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Next time I try this recipe I plan on using cashew milk to see how well that works.
- I thought about adding some spinach to this when I was making it, but decided against it. It might be a good idea to try though.
- The calories can be increased by using something like maple syrup to make this sweeter. Though personally I thought it was a good flavor and does not need to be sweeter.
|Milk – Whole||149||8||8||12|