1000 Calorie High Carb Low Fat Vegan Smoothie Recipe
Ever hear of people who eat 30 bananas a day? Well, they are out there and they are true believers. Just like the gallon of milk a day diet, the 30 bananas a day diet is probably too extreme to be healthy. A single food should not take up that much of our diets, whether it is milk or bananas or something else.
That being said, I eat a lot of bananas a day. Bananas are a great food and a healthy diet should definitely include bananas. I know a lot of athletes who are in great shape and are on a high carb low fat vegan diet. This 1000 calorie smoothie recipe is one that I learned from a vegan rock climber. He would chug it down in the morning for breakfast before going climbing.
- 2 Cups Coconut Water
- 6 Bananas
- 1/2 Cup Dates
- 1/4 Cup Oats
- Pit the dates. You don’t want to drink the pits.
- Some people blend the oats ahead of time on their own. This is optional. I always just throw mine directly into the blender with the other ingredients.
- Blend, drink, go rock climbing.
- Add some papaya for a nice smooth texture.
- If you do want higher fat or calories try adding some peanut or almond butter to the mix.
- Obviously the amount of bananas you include is up to you. If this is too much, just lessen the number.
- Bananas are thick. If you don’t like this smoothies try adding more coconut water and less bananas.