Chocolate Peanut Butter Keto Shake
Finding good shakes can be hard for those on a ketogenic low-carb high-fat diet. Fruit is made up mostly of carbohydrates. Luckily nut butters and protein powders are flavorful enough that delicious shakes full of fatty goodness are only a blender away. Here is a great recipe for a peanut butter and chocolate based keto-friendly smoothie.
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup full-fat cottage cheese
- 3 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 scoops low-carb chocolate protein powder
- Pour almond milk and other ingredients into a blender. To ensure proper mixing, put the liquid in before the powder.
- To make this shake sweeter add a bit of sweetener, such as Stevia or Splenda.
- Add a spoon full of coconut oil into the mix. Coconut oil should already be part of any healthy keto diet.
- Substitute heavy cream for the cottage cheese to get more calories, more fat, less protein, less carbs and a different taste.
|Nutrition||Smoothie||Almond Milk||Cottage Cheese||Peanut Butter||Protein|