Homemade Vegan Gainer Shake Recipe
Gainer shakes are expensive and usually have a bunch of crap in them that your body does not need. If you are vegan you have the added problem of finding a vegan gainer shake. Most gainer mixes contain whey or other animal products.
This is a standard homemade gainer drink recipe. It’s great for anyone who is looking to gain some weight. It’s specifically targeted at vegans, so all the ingredients are plant-based. This recipe is a cheaper and healthier option than buying processes and premade shake mixes.
You can use this as a meal substitute or drink it after a workout. It’s good for the whole day if kept refrigerated, though you may want to mix it up again with a spoon if it’s been sitting around for a few hours.
- 2 Cup Soy Milk
- 2 Tbsp Peanut Butter
- 1 Banana
- 1 Cup Oats
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Scoop Vegan Protein Powder
- Peel the banana
- A lot of people like to grind up the oats before adding them to a smoothie. You can use a food processor or even a coffee bean grinder to do this.
- Throw everything into a blender, blend until it’s a smooth consistency and drink.
- Almond butter is a good substitute for peanut butter.
- Add a cup of greens such as spinach or lettuce for some added nutrition.
- Blueberries are a good and relatively calorific fruit. Feel free to add a half cup or so. I’d use frozen berries if possible.
- By all means, add some ice.
You get over a thousand calories in this gainer shake. You also have a good amount of protein and a fair amount of healthy fats.