Strawberry Ice Cream Fitness Shake Recipe
This protein shake is a great substitute for strawberry ice cream. It has a lot of healthy calories great for gaining lean muscle and the fruit combination makes the taste truly delicious. Substituting this strawberry shake for ice cream you get vitamins, fiber and a healthy dose of protein. At the same time you avoid the cane sugar and additives you find in store bought ice cream.
This is a weight-gain smoothie not a weight-loss smoothie. The point is to use this strawberry ice cream smoothie as a way to increase your healthy calorie intake and grow muscles instead of loosing weight or gaining fat. I especially like drinking one of these after a hard day of weight lifting. I consider it a guilt-free reward for lifting hard at the gym.
- 1 Cup Strawberries
- 1 Cup Papaya
- 1 Banana
- 1.5 Cups Milk
- 1/2 Cup Oats
- 1 Scoop Strawberry Protein
- 1 Cup Ice
- Grinding the oats up beforehand in a coffee grinder works best for me. Otherwise soaking them in water for a while before adding to the blender helps them blend.
- For a creamier smoothie try to substitute half and half for the milk.
- You can easily make this smoothie vegan by using hazelnut milk or some other non-dairy milk instead of cow milk.
- If you do not have Strawberry flavored protein powder, vanilla would be a decent substitute.
- If oats are not your thing, try a table spoon or even two of peanut butter, almond butter, or whatever your favorite nut butter may be.