High Calorie Paelo Shake Recipe
This high calorie shake is a great addition to those trying to gain muscle while staying on a paleo diet. It has a large amount of protein and can be used as a vegan substitute for milk or GOMAD diets. If animal milk is not for you, this paleo shake is a great alternative.
If you are attempting to gain muscle, you need to eat more calories than your body naturally consumes. High calorie shakes and smoothies are a great way to meet your daily caloric needs without needing to chug a gallon of milk. There’s only so much rice and chicken a person can eat before getting bored with their diet. Add this paleo shake as a sweet and healthy part of your weight gain diet.
- 1 Banana
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1/2 Cup Mixed Nuts
- 1 Scoop Protein
- 1 Cup Coconut Milk
- 1 Cup Almond Milk
- Grind or blend the mixed nuts separately. (optional)
- Throw everything into a blender, though don’t throw the protein powder in first, as it may just clump at the bottom of the blender if you do so.
- Blend, drink, grow.
- Add some berries to mix the flavor up.
- Ice cubes are a great addition in the summer.
- This shake has a lot of calories. If it’s too much for you, or if you want to lessen the amount of fat, cot down the coconut milk from a cup to 1/2 a cup. You can add 1/2 a cup of water or just leave the shake with 1/2 cup less coconut milk.
|Nutrition||Smoothie||Coconut Milk||Coconut Oil||Mixed Nuts||Banana||Almond Milk||Protein|